An Equal Opportunity Employer, the UUMA seeks to be as transparent as possible in the process of hiring and have drawn on the recommendations of both the UUA’s 2017 Interim Hiring Report and the 2018 report of the Commission on Institutional Change. We believe that hiring qualified individuals to fill positions contributes to the overall success and health of our association. In hiring the most qualified candidates for positions, the UUMA holds the following values:
- We share the goal of dismantling oppression within our faith community and the commitment to a "robust 'equal opportunity'" approach to hiring. When posting a position, the following partners are notified and asked to share news among their constituents, especially with people whose identities are marginalized in our society.
- DRUUMM, ARE, UURMaPA, TRUUST, Equual Access, LAMDBA, UU College of Social Justice, Auburn, BLUU, the UUA’s Standing with Love and Multiculturally Growth and Witness Staff Groups, and UUA Theological Schools.
- We intentionally choose members of the hiring committee giving thought to their position and role and articulate the committee upon job posting.
- We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals and ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations needed to participate in the job application/interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Hiring Process and Procedure:
- Posting of open position to UUMA Website, social media, and partner associations.
- Receive applications over the course of two weeks. If applications do not represent diversity in applicants, the position will be advertised further and application deadline extended.
- Review of applications by hiring committee.
- Interviews of three candidates by zoom conference.
- Offer extended.
- Applicants notified once position has been filled.