Member Electronic Communications Policy/Procedures:
The UUMA is committed to protecting their member contact information and respecting the use of this information in sending electronic notices. The below procedures guide our communication practices.
Communications from the UUMA regarding UUMA Matters:
The UUMA communicates with the membership in the following ways:
- Weekly update emails which contain one article from leadership and two or three notices of upcoming events, deadlines, or programs. Members may opt out of these emails through a link at the bottom of this email.
- Countdown Emails: Sent to all members who register for UUMA Continental Events (Ministry Days, CENTER Institute) in the weeks preceding the event.
- Quarterly publication “UUMA Member Offerings” published as a link through the weekly updates.
- Targeted emails: Chapter Leaders, Program Participants, and Committee Members may receive email targeted to the programs/committees they are involved with.
- The UUMA also uses the full membership list to distribute information necessary to the business of the association. These may include: Annual Meeting information, Notices from the Board of Trustees, Membership Renewal Notices, etc.
Communications from key UUMA Partners (UUA, Professional Groups, Theological Schools, etc):
From time to time UUMA receives information of interest to the membership from our partners. When these notices are received the UUMA publishes them in the following way:
- Distribution to uuma-news, a list-serve operated by the UUA. The list-serve is opt in and can be subscribed to at http://lists.uua.org/mailman/listinfo/uuma-news
- Distribution to UUMA Social Media outlets. See below to follow the UUMA on social media.
Communications from members:
Members may contact fellow members in the following ways:
- Members in good standing may email other members of their chapter by using the Email function on the chapter group page.*
- Members who wish to advertise a program/book/service/etc may submit the advertisement to email@example.com for inclusion in the UUMA quarterly publication “UUMA Member Offerings”
Additional Communication Practices:
- The UUMA does not publish congregation job postings. These notices can be published through the UUA.
- Obituaries, as published by the UUA (or submitted to the UUMA in the case of Candidates and Aspirants), are posted to UUMA-news and the Living Tradition Blog. Sign up for notices of posting to the blog at: www.uuma.org/blogpost/569858/Remembering-the-Living-Tradition
*Members may opt out of these emails by visiting their profile at www.uuma.org and navigating to My Profile: Manage Profile: My Preferences.
Edited May 15, 2018