Ministry Days: Volunteers Needed
Wednesday, May 29, 2019
Posted by: Joanna Lubkin
We're seeking volunteers! Your service not only helps Ministry Days run smoothly, it is a way to make new connections and experience collegiality. There are several ways you can help out, before, during, and after ministry days. While the UUMA is grateful for and dependent upon the many volunteers who give of themselves to help lead the association, we believe there are limits to what may be reasonably expected of volunteers and are committed to compensating for work done on behalf of the association when warranted. Below is a description of how you can volunteer at Ministry Days.
Ministry Days Volunteer Staff: Non-Committee Member volunteers at UUMA Ministry Days are expected to work fewer than 10 hours over the course of three days of scheduled programming and should have no, or very minimal (no more than 2-3hr), preparation time preceding the event. If the expected hours for a staff person are to exceed 10 or if the preparation time required is greater than 2-3 hours, compensation will be revisited. Positions are listed below and can be found online at: https://www.uuma.org/page/MD_Volunteer
Small Group Facilitators (Coordinator: Sana Saeed):
We invite you to be a leader of a small group that will be meeting on Tuesday morning after the opening worship at ministry days to facilitate a conversation. The service is titled Stronger in the Broken Places: Accountable Nurturing of our Shared Ministry. There will be a training for all small group leader volunteers, before ministry days via Zoom. If you’re available and interested, let Sana Saeed know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you.
Audio-Visual, Registration, and Hospitality Volunteers:
For AV, Registration, and Hospitality volunteers, there are many volunteers needed for each activity. Your volunteer commitment to a particular task is for one-hour (unless you sign up for more time slots). To help organize volunteers, we are using signup.com. Click here to sign up for shifts.
Audio Visual Volunteers (Coordinator: Rev. Joanna Lubkin):
- Tech Helpers: Assist with the Powerpoint presentations during a section of the programming.
- Social Media Volunteers: members who will actively post on your Facebook and/or Twitter during Ministry Days event.
- Off-site Proxy Volunteers: During times when Q&A are included in presentations relay questions from offsite
Registration (Coordinator: Allison King):
- Packet Prep: Helping to assemble registration packets, prepare registration area, hang signs, etc.
- Registration: Greeting your colleagues, handing out name-tags, badges, etc. and giving directions on schedule or rooms as needed.
- Ribbon Table: Thank colleagues for involvement with the UUMA and present with appropriate ribbon. Previous UUMA leadership experience is extremely helpful in this role.
Hospitality (Coordinator: Amanda Schuber):
- Greeter: Help colleagues find appropriate check-in tables, ribbon table, and location of childcare, and other rooms.
- Usher: Greet colleagues for worship services, distribute orders of service and assist with the collection during the service.
- Ministry Days Host: Act as greeters and support staff for Monday opening reception
- Navigation Guides: Available during programming to help anyone needing special seating to navigate the halls (vision/hearing assist, scooter locations, scent-free zones, etc.) and to address issues that may arise with misuse of accessible spaces.
- Easy Access Guides: Available during meals to assist in navigating buffet lines
Thank you for our commitment to the Unitarian Universalist Ministers Association.