The UUMA Board of Trustees appoints four UUMA members to serve up to four (4) renewable two-year terms each on the Ministerial Fellowship Committee (MFC).
This year, there are two (2) open positions that begin July 1, 2015 and end on June 30, 2017, with the option of being appointed up to three (3) more times.
In the UUMA’s continuing effort to increase opportunities for members to lead and serve their colleagues, the Board invites members who wish to serve on the MFC to apply no later than February 9, 2015.
Serving on the MFC while representing the UUMA is one of the most important leadership opportunities in our movement and it is one of the most demanding. Please review the qualifications and consider the time commitment that is listed below.
- UUMA member in good standing and in Final Fellowship with the UUA
- Passion and commitment to ministerial formation and collegiality
- Ability to deliberate on difficult decisions related to appropriateness for fellowship and the possibility of ministerial misconduct
- We strive for a diversity of experience, culture, theology and spiritual practice to be represented. Based on the current configuration of the MFC, this year, we especially encourage ministers who identify as male, serving in community ministry, and persons of color to apply.
- Attendance at all MFC meetings (the MFC currently meets three times a year in Boston). Scheduled dates can be found on UUA website (http://www.uua.org/uuagovernance/committees/mfc/index.shtml)
- Several hours of reading candidate packets in preparation for meetings
- Applications for this year's appointments will be accepted until February 9, 2015.
- The UUMA Board will appoint two members to serve on the MFC during their March 2015 meeting.
- Applicants who are not selected in a given year will be considered when future UUMA MFC appointments are made.
- Questions about the application process and expectations of MFC members and applications can be sent to Don Southworth at firstname.lastname@example.org