Changes in Membership Renewal
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
From the 2014 Treasurer's Annual Report:
"A few years ago the UUMA had its first ever financial review. Part of the reason for having that review was to get professional advice and recommendations on how the UUMA could grow as a financially healthy institution. Among the recommendations that came out of the financial review was to align the term of membership with the fiscal year. Currently, the UUMA has a fiscal year that begins on July 1st and ends on June 30th. Until recently, membership renewals occurred on September 15 and were delinquent after November 15. If you paid your membership dues last November 15th, then your UUMA membership would continue through until the next November 15, 2014.
In order to align the term of membership with the fiscal year, this year will become a transition year. Everyone’s membership will continue through November 15. However, next year ONLY instead of paying 1% of salary and housing, dues will be 0.7% of salary and housing. That reduced rate will be for 0.7 of the year; until June 30, 2015 when the new membership term expires. The following year, dues would once again be at 1% of salary and housing and cover a term of membership from July 1 through June 30. It is possible to continue at the 1% salary and housing rate, if you wish. Personally, this will be my choice. I am excited by the work the UUMA is doing: the Institute on Excellence in Ministry; the scholarships we give people to participate; the new and exciting ways we can experience collegiality through social media 24/7 and not just once a month at a chapter meetings; and the significant and meaningful conversations we have together throughout the country and continent about our ministry. To me, that work deserves whatever 0.3% I might have saved in one year’s worth of dues."
Because of the complexities associated with this transitional year we have reconfigured the online renewal system. The new systems uses the Ministerial Setting and Salary&Housing fields in your profile to calculate your dues amount. For Regular, Associate, and Students who have recently been received into fellowship. Here are the hopefully easy steps in renewal:
- Click on the "Securely renew your membership now" link under the Membership Info menu tab,
- The system will ask you to review your profile. Please make sure the Ministry Setting and S&H fields are correct. We would also like to have all your information updated!
- Select the level you would like to renew at. Your options are:
- Pro-Rated Membership 11/15-6/30 Opt. Installment ( .7% that can be paid in full or split into 10 payments)
- Full Membership through 6/30 - Opt Installments (1% that can be paid in full or split into 10 payments)
- Full Membership through 6/30 - Auto Renewal (1% when paid using a credit card will be set to automatically renew for FY16 on June 30, 2015)
- Membership Extension till Jan 15 (intended for those following a calendar fiscal year)
- Temp Financial Hardship: Opt Installments (Minimum for those experiencing temporary financial hardship. C an be paid in full or split into 10 payments)
- Request For Full Waiver (For those who plan to submit documentation requesting a full waiver of dues)
- Confirm you are changing your membership level (this is true for all)
- Enter a promotional code and complete the billing information
If you have retired and completed the paperwork through the MFC please select: MFC Retirement - Life Member Upgrade.
If you have questions please contact Janette Lallier.