From the UUMA Guidelines:
United in our call to serve the spirit of love and justice through the vocation of ministry in the liberal religious tradition,
We, the members of the Unitarian Universalist Ministers Association, covenant with one another:
- To conduct ourselves with integrity, honoring the trust placed in us;
- To embody in our lives the values that we proclaim on behalf of our faith;
- To support one another in collegial respect and care, understanding and honoring the diversity within our association;
- To hold ourselves accountable to each other for the competent exercise of our vocation;
- To use our power constructively and with intention, mindful of our potential unconsciously to perpetuate systems of oppression;
- To seek justice and right relations according to our evolving collective wisdom, and to refrain from all abuse or exploitation;
- To cultivate practices of deepening awareness, understanding, humility, and commitment to our ideals;
- To labor earnestly together for the well being of our communities and the progress of Unitarian Universalism.
Through fidelity to this covenant and our Code of Professional Conduct, we aspire to grow in wholeness, and bring hope and healing to the world.
Our UUMA CENTER Institute for Excellence in Ministry is a learning environment that is sacred to all who attend. In order to provide the best possible experience for all this covenant is offered by the CENTER Committee and Right Relations Team. We ask that you read it and respect it as you enjoy your time at the Institute.
- We are here in the service of our faith.
- We adhere to the covenant of the UUMA (above) and the guidelines of professional practice.
- We take collective responsibility to embody the best of ministry.
- We share responsibility for group dynamics and work in service of our purpose.
- We are mindful and respect each other by showing up on time and being fully present.
- We respect one another’s privacy.
- And we have fun.