6/22/2010 to 6/24/2010
Grand Ballroom D
1001 Marquette Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55403-2440
« Go to Upcoming Event List
June 11, 2010
Choir! I’m so excited to be creating worship music for two
services at Ministry Days and General Assembly. It’ll be here before we know it! I’m
one of the seven newly Credentialed Music Leaders who "graduated” at
last year’s GA, and I am honored to be leading your choir this year!
1. CHOIR MUSIC: In both the UUMA
25/50 service and the Service of the Living Tradition, all the music
(congregational songs, choir songs, and instrumental music) was written
or arranged by UUs. We have lots of music to learn in a very short
time, as I’m sure you know if you’ve been in this choir before. I’ve
found singers from the UU Musicians Network who will act as section
leaders in the choir, so hopefully that will help us get the songs
together quickly. Janette Lallier has made it possible for you to
download the songs before you come. Please take time to practice before
you arrive at GA. Any practice you can do ahead of time will expedite
2. SUGGESTED CHOIR DRESS: Bring any solid-colored shirt and any dark-colored
bottoms to wear for both services at which we’re performing. Please
wear a shirt with some sort of sleeves -- no tank tops or sleeveless
shirts please. Women who are wearing skirts should wear black hose and
black shoes to maintain a solid black look (especially if you end up in
the front row).
- Find the choir music scores to download above. You will have to add each one to your shopping cart and then complete the purchase. If you are logged in as a member there will be no cost to you. (If you are not able to log in you can contact email@example.com for a discount code.) After your purchase you will be sent an
email with a link to the downloads. PLEASE be respectful of
copyright laws as well as the composers’ and publishers’ livelihood by
printing only ONE copy and refraining from sharing the music with your
church music professional. The one exception is Jason Shelton’s "Now is
the Time,” which has special permission to be copied for any UU
- Download and print the anthems. If you
have difficulties with this, email me at bethUUmusic@gmail.com and I
will send you the files separately.
- Put the songs in a
black folder -
either a choir folder, a black 3-ring binder, or a paper folder with 3
- Arrange the pages back-to-back and tape or staple
them to reduce the number of page turns.
- Practice the songs with your
church music professional or on your own.
- Bring your folder with you to Minneapolis and be
ready for some wonderful music-making together.
4. WATER: Unfortunately we have learned that the cost from the hotel to provide water at the Tuesday rehearsal is prohibitive. We ask that if you would like to have water at the rehearsal you bring it with you. Thank you for your understanding.
- Tuesday 6/22, 4:30-6pm (Hilton, Grand
D) - rehearsal for UUMA & SOLT
***Please arrive at 4:15 to
find your section and get settled in***
Also, we will end the rehearsal at 6:00 to give you an hour before the opening worship service to find dinner.
- Wednesday 6/23, 7:30-8:15am (Hilton, Grand
Ballroom D) - rehearsal for 25/50 Service only
- Wednesday 6/23, 8:30-9:30am (Hilton, Grand
Ballroom D) - 25/50 Service
- Thursday 6/23, 10-11am
(Plenary Hall) - rehearsal for SOLT
- Thursday 6/23, 1-2:30pm (Plenary Hall) -
rehearsal for SOLT
- Thursday 6/23, 6-7pm
(Plenary Hall) - rehearsal for SOLT
- Thursday 6/23, 7:30pm (Plenary Hall) - SOLT
5. Audio Files: Below are audio files for your use.
It is critical that everyone arrives promptly
to rehearsals. We are on a very tight schedule and have NO leeway with
our rehearsal times.
We will create AWESOME music by UU
composers together. I look forward to meeting and making music with you
Beth Syverson, UUA
Credentialed Music Leader
Director of Music Ministries, Orange
Coast Unitarian Universalist Church, Costa Mesa CA