Facebook Connect:You can now log into your uuma.org profile using your facebook account. And even better - once your accounts are linked you can enter uuma.org automatically if you are already logged in to facebook. (A few usage notes: The facebook connect only works from pages beginning with www.uuma.org. It is also not currently compatible with the Chrome Browser. Sorry!)
Here is how it works:
- Navigate to www.uuma.org and click the facebook connect button
- If you are not currently logged into facebook a new window will appear asking for your facebook information. Enter your facebook username and password here. If you are already logged into facebook see step three.
- Once logged in to facebook you will be directed to the "Facebook Connect Account Management" page on uuma.org. Here you see confirmation of your facebook account and should click on the link to connect your uuma account to facebook. (This only needs to be done once).
- Enter your uuma username and password on the next screen and click the orange sign in button.
- Confirm that you want to link the accounts
- Ta Da! One less password to remember! The next time you visit uuma.org just click the facebook connect button and you will be automatically signed in (as long as you are signed in to facebook - if not you will be prompted for your facebook sign in)
How to manage the connection:
Twitter Connect:Do you tweet? If you would like your twitter feed to appear on your uuma profile simply complete the authorization process below and your sweet chirps will be heard on uuma.org. The below is a one time process and can be reversed at any time by following the same procedure.
- Navigate to Profile Home (the first link under the right hand 'My Profile' menu
- You will see your linked facebook account under your main profile picture. To get to your facebook page click on your facebook picture.
- To delete the link between your account click on Manage Connection.
- Confirm you want to unlink the accounts by selecting "Yes, Disconnect Me" You can create the connection again later if you choose.
Are you a detail person? Here are some extra treats for you:
- Navigate to the Manage Profile screen. The second link under the right hand 'My Profile' menu
- Scroll down to the Community section and click on the twitter icon
- Click on Continue to Authorize to begin the process
- Click on Authorize App to allow uuma.org to access your twitter feed.
- If you wish to disable to feed click on the same twitter icon and click 'stop displaying my twitter feed'
The Facebook integration leverages Facebook Connect's technology, allowing you to sign-in using their Facebook credentials (username/password). Also, once
signed in, you have the option to post updates to your personal Facebook wall when they
perform any of the following actions within uuma.org:
- Post or comment on community blogs
- Post or comment on group blogs
- Post or comment on personal blogs
- Upload photos to a group gallery
- Upload photos to your personal galleries
- Promote an event you see on uuma.org
- Promote a donation fund you see on uuma.org
- Update you personal profiles
- Post personal files or links
- Comment on news they have read on uuma.org
- Post to a community forum
- Post to a group forum
The Twitter integration leverages Twitter's API and
allows you to imbed your Twitter feed into your profile page.
Once imbedded, the feed appears in the left column of the your
private profile. The Twitter feed displays the your most recent posts and
allows those viewing the profile to jump to the your linked twitter
page via the "follow" link.