A CENTER Presenter Program is a 6-12 hour workshop for a UUMA chapter/cluster meeting or retreat. CENTER offers two kinds of opportunities for the chapters:
- Chosen from inside and outside our collegial ranks and based on identified needs in ministry. The CENTER Committee sponsors individual CENTER Presenters for no more than three years. To apply to be a CENTER Presenter click here.
- Funding available for CENTER presenters includes up to $500 toward travel expense of bringing the presenter to the retreat, and up to $1000 honorarium for the presenter. Reimbursements are per chapter per fiscal year. Chapters may apply for Presenter reimbursements every other year. We encourage all chapters to apply for their annual UUMA subsidies every year.
- Additional funds required for presenter honoraria or travel costs are borne by the chapter/cluster.
- Chapters may collaborate by conducting joint presentations (and receive up to $1000 maximum per chapter).
- Program and financial details are worked out between the chapter/cluster and the presenter.
- CENTER encourages Chapter program leaders to contact the UUMA Program Coordinator, Jennifer Channin, for available funding before contracting with CENTER or Non-CENTER presenters.
- CENTER reimburses the chapter/cluster for 50% of the subsidy before the program is completed and 50% only when electronic copies of summary evaluations are returned to CENTER.
- Reimbursement for additional expenses to the presenter is a chapter responsibility and should be delivered at or before the presentation.
- To become a CENTER Presenter, review the application process, complete it and turn it in as instructed by April 15. Applicants are also encouraged to talk to the CENTER Presenter program coordinator, Marta Valentin, or Jennifer Channin for questions.
- When a chapter has an opportunity for a speaker in your area who can address your needs (UU colleague or someone from outside our movement), CENTER offers limited funding assistance (up to $750 for travel/honorarium) as long as funds are available and evaluations are completed.
To receive a CENTER presenter subsidy fax (617-848-0973), email/scan, or mail the following to Jennifer Channin (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- A signed copy of the contract/agreement (before the presentation)
- A description of the program (before the presentation)
- All expense receipts/contracts
- A summary of presenter evaluations (after the presentation) You may use this evaluation form or your own evaluation form
Upon receipt of all the above, the UUMA Program Coordinator will arrange for a check to be sent to the chapter/cluster leader who is responsible for coordinating the presentation and/or directly to the presenter.